As many of you already know Active Birth Pools are made to order in the UK by highly skilled craftsmen who are dedicated to producing baths of superior quality.
As we have a large number of water birth pools in production at the moment I thought I’d pay the factory a visit and take some photos.
Craftsmanship is the key to realising our creative visions.
When the company was first established, a deliberate choice was made to locate it in an area with a strong tradition of hand-crafting.
This gave us the foundation we needed and ensured that quality always remained our hallmark.
FICORE® – the Bath Reinvented
It’s important to note that many of the characteristics of our baths would simply be impossible to achieve without the use of our proprietary composite, FICORE®.
The fabric from which a bath is made matters considerably, not only aesthetically but in terms of its potential for design, and fundamental characteristics such as comfort, safety, cleanliness and durability.
- Because of its integral strength, baths made from FICORE® need no metal or wooden reinforcements and no chassis. They will not shift, creak or ‘give’.
- FICORE® permits more sharply defined details and tighter angles.
- FICORE® permits us to modify the external dimensions of rectangular baths and numerous other features such as depth.
- Any bath built in FICORE® can be supplied in any colour or combination of colours.
- The insulating qualities of FICORE® keep the water hot over six times longer than acrylic and over twelve times longer than vitreous enamelled metal.
- For bathers who enjoy a long soak, this can translate into extended relaxation and appreciable savings on water and energy.
- Its tactile surface always remains warm to the touch.
- The hard surface of FICORE® means that it can easily be kept clean of normal dirt and grease. Any build-up of hard water stains and soiling can, if necessary, be wiped clean with a soft, wet, warm cloth and a cleaning agent such as Cif or Ecover.
- It is resistant to most chemicals – whether acid or alkaline.
- It is resistant to cigarette burns.
- It is more impervious to damage than most other bath materials. However, if it is damaged, it can be completely repaired as new – unlike many alternative materials.
- It is guaranteed for 20 years.