Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Other than the statements made in Active Birth Pools Ltd literature, no warranty is expressed or implied as to the suitability of any product for any purpose.Purchasers must satisfy themselves on this point.
Acceptance of Orders
Orders are accepted subject to the terms of business of Active Birth Pools Ltd.
Quotes are valid for 1 year from the date of issue and subject to change in accordance with cost increases after this period.
Terms of Payment
- Approved credit accounts and NHS Hospitals: payable 14 days after delivery.
- Unapproved accounts and private contractors: 25% deposit with order, balance payable 14 days after delivery
- International orders: 50% deposit, balance payable upon delivery.
Carriage and packing will be charged at cost.
For land-based UK deliveries our water birth pools are wrapped in protective packaging and placed in purpose made double walled corrugated cardboard boxes and transported by reputable national fragile goods carriers.
Deliveries are quoted for and scheduled on a week commencing basis.
If a timed delivery is required please advise us and we will quote and arrange accordingly.
For international and UK deliveries that involve a water crossing our water birth pools are wrapped in protective packaging and placed in timber framed crates with plywood sides that conform to ISPM15 and are stamped accordingly.
International deliveries are quoted for as shipment by sea and cover collection from our factory, all paperwork and delivery to nearest port by sea.
Clients are responsible for clearing the consignment through customs, import charges (if applicable) and local delivery.
Unless we are given specific instructions we select the manner and route of shipment.
Damage or Loss in Transit
Any claim made concerning damage or shortages must be made in writing to us within 3 days of delivery of the goods.
Any claim for non-delivery must be made in writing to us within 14 days from the date of our invoice.
Original packaging must be retained.
Retention of Title
Not withstanding that delivery of the goods has been made they remain the property of Active Birth Pools Ltd. until payment is made in full.
Time of Delivery
Every effort will be made to adhere to delivery times.
However, no liability can be accepted for any losses incurred by the purchaser for a failure to deliver within the stated period.
Delays shall not entitle the purchaser to cancel the order nor to claim damages.
Specifications & Descriptions
Technical data, dimensions, weights and illustrations are typical and not binding.
Active Birth Pools Ltd reserves the right to improve or amend any product without notice.
We guarantee that our water birth pools are fit for the purpose intended in their design, conform to the current relevant published specification, and are free of defects in workmanship or materials.
A water birth pool supplied by Active Birth Pools, and built from Ficore ® carries a Life Time Warranty against structural failure, loss of rigidity, leakage, and surface breakdown.
In the unlikely event of any of these faults occurring Active Birth Pools will undertake, after proof of purchase, inspection and analysis, to either exchange the faulty product for a new product of the same specification, or, at the Active Birth Pools option, if the fault is minor, to repair and refurbish at its expense.
Active Birth Pools will not accept liability for any consequential loss.
This guarantee does not cover the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, poor maintenance, lack of care, or failure to follow Active Birth Pools Ltd’s cleaning and maintenance recommendations.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage or deterioration caused by unprofessional or improper installation resulting in faults such as (but not limited to) poor sealing, instability, weight of pool not being self-supported, excessive wear, damage through stress impact, or poor plumbing.
- Damage caused by failure of waterproof sealing at any holes drilled for any purpose by anyone other than Active Birth Pools, such as (but not limited to) brassware, water intakes, jets, under water lights, etc.
- Damage caused by exposure to aggressive chemicals, abrasive or destructive cleaning materials, superheated agents or naked flame, and objects such as lighted smoking materials.
- Faults caused by additions or alterations to the product made without Active Birth Pools prior knowledge and agreement.
Active Birth Pools judgement on cause is final.
Guarantee – Optional and Ancillary Equipment
1) Drainage, Lighting and Bluetooth Sound Systems are covered by manufacturers guarantee of 1 year.
2) Bean Bag, Floor Mat, Kneeling Pad and Single Step Unit are covered by a 3 year guarantee.
Equipment subject to fair wear & tear, misuse, improper handling/installation or inadequate maintenance is excluded.
Any claim under this guarantee shall be limited to the cost of the goods.
Active Birth Pools
9 Carlton Close
London NW3 7UA