Form is based on function and pared down to the essence of aesthetic utility. Design is based upon the dynamics of mothers and midwives as they interact with the pool and each other.
Every shape, every curve, every varying degree of rounded corners…
there is a reason behind them.
Active Birth Pools encourage mothers to move freely and naturally.
They instinctively find the best positions and discover that the pool provides constant comfort and support wherever they are.
Complete freedom of movement coupled with the relaxing effects of warm water and release of oxytocin significantly increases the possibility for mothers to experience physiological labour.
Active Birth Pools are made from a unique material called FICORE® composite. Ficore is far superior to acrylic and fibreglass, the materials commonly used to produce water birth pools.
It’s unique properties allow us to sculpt complex, curvaceous forms that make our pools incredibly comfortable, appealing, practical and easy to use.
We are pioneers, innovators and trend setters.
The design of our birth pools has continuously evolved over the past 35 years.
The combination of ergonomic design, specialised materials, engineering and manufacture that go into our pools make them the “Rolls Royce” of water birth pools.
As Steve Jobs said…
“It takes a lot of hard work to make something simple, to truly understand the underlying challenges and come up with elegant solutions.”
In mid-90’s we met with health service ergonomist Sue Hignett to discuss ways our water birth pools could be improved to better serve the needs of mothers and midwives.
This lead to the ground-breaking innovations in design, materials and manufacture that have culminated in todays range of award winning Active Birth Pools.
Our new water birth pools take the 5 points outlined on Pg. 2 of the article (below) to new levels of sophistication thanks to the properties of the unique material (Ficore® composite) we now use.
We no longer advocate the use of multi-step units as this has proven to present manual handling risks. The pools are now lower and have wider rims which gives mothers better options for getting in and out of the pool.
The new range of water birth pools is not only much more beautiful, but more comfortable, safer and easy to use.
Click here for a PDF of this article
- We’re uniquely qualified to be of service
- Our water birth pools are built to last for decades and guaranteed for life
- Active Birth Pools are fabricated in a material that is far superior to those used by other manufacturers
- Mothers have a greater possibility of experiencing a normal physiological labour and natural birth
- Proprietary features set our pools apart
- Midwives say that our pools are the most supportive, comfortable and easy to use
- It’s easy for mothers to get in and out of our pools
- Midwives have safe, practical options for dealing with emergency evacuations
- We’re rated No.1 for health and safety