When it comes to the creation and care of water birth facilities nothing is more important.
Micro-organisms breed freely in warm moist environments and must be prevented from propagating.
Below a list of guidelines to help you create a safe water birth facility.
- The Water Birth Safety Initiative: Essential Reading
- Legionella management and control procedures: Nottingham University Hospital
- Guidance for the prevention and control of infection from water systems: Health Service Executive
- Safe Water in Healthcare Premises: United Kingdom Department of health
- Environment and Sustainability – Water Management: NHS England
- Health Building Notes – Maternity Care Facilities: Department of Health
- Water Systems – Health Technical Memorandum: Department of Health
- Safe Water in Healthcare Premises: Department of Health
- Legionella – blowing bugs out of the water
- Some water borne bacteria are tough
- Installation manual
- Cleaning and care
- Getting in and out of the pool
- Dealing with emergencies
- Setting up a water birth facility